Manager of Donor Services
Under the supervision of the VP of Development, the Manager of Donor Services will assist in all aspects of growing, maintaining and servicing the membership and donor base of WTCI.
The Manager of Donor Services oversees all stewardship and donor cultivation efforts of the membership department. This position manages the sustaining member program, is responsible for all membership communications, including phone calls, emails, direct mailing campaigns, and social media. S/he ensures prompt acknowledgments for all gifts and timely distribution of thank-you gifts and implementation of all member benefits. S/he plays a key role in donor satisfaction and retention. The ideal candidate will possess a four-year degree, customer service or fundraising experience, a working understanding of Google analytics, and be able to develop an on-going digital strategy and search engine optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all donor correspondence and distribute comments/concerns to appropriate departments as needed. Respond in a timely manner and note member records accordingly. Work to ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Take customer service calls and monitor donation email confirmations to address any concerns that appear in the “comments” field of online gifts.
- Process all donor thank-you letters on a weekly basis to ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts via mail merge. Update letters as necessary and coordinate all messaging appropriately.
- Process monthly renewal letters, and take all bulk mailings to post office.
- Process annual tax letters
- Process all thank-you gifts, maintain inventory and place orders as needed.
- Develop and implement new member strategies.
- Serve as primary contact person for sustaining members.
- Oversee credit card recapture process, including mailings, phone calls and email strategies.
- Coordinate seasonal sustainer cultivation efforts, including thank-you gift offers and upgrade asks.
- Research and make recommendations to continually improve the sustaining member program.
- Coordinate all on-air pledge drives
- Set up Pledges and pledge breaks
- Set up pledge premiums, detailed inventory items, and upload graphics.
- Update online Websys forms to include correct source codes for tracking pledges and sustaining gifts
- Collaborate with Programming and Production on all on-air pledge drives to maximize programming, talent, and premium gifts.
- Recruit and schedule on-air talent and phone bank volunteers.
- Coordinate telemarketing as needed.
- Coordinates special events in collaboration with entire staff including Wine Dinner, Family Day, PBS at the Palace, and all other membership and fundraising events.
- Design strategy to increase membership via social media, on air and direct mailings.
- Execute social media campaign that will increase membership.
- Create in collaboration with the production department creative spots to increase membership.
- Develop a direct mail strategy, using PBS best practices to solicit new members and increase membership renewals.
- Develop an email campaign using the latest technological advances to solicit new members, increase giving amounts among current members and increase membership renewals.
- Work closely with fellow development team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Represent station at events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Four-year college degree with at least two years of sales, customer service or fundraising experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Database management experience.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be comfortable interacting with constituents in person and on the phone.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgment, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.