Job Summary: The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to write, produce, shoot, and edit original content for WTCI broadcasts and digital platforms. He / she will work with the production team and other departments to implement WTCI’s digital strategy at wtciTV.org and across all digital platforms.
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in communications, broadcasting, digital media, or related field
- Experience:Minimum two year related work experience
Attributes / Skills:
Must possess knowledge of video and/or film production including; current techniques, essential elements, and industry standards for production of public television programs. Working knowledge of studios and field production equipment; strong writing skills; ability to use time effectively and meet reasonable deadlines. Willingness to accept supervision and direction; and willingness to work as a part of a team in carrying out duties. Must also be able to budget work hours wisely, and to communicate effectively as part of a team to represent WTCI in a positive and professional manner both online and in person. The successful candidate will possess strong videography and editing skills, and must demonstrate a clear understanding of the digital media landscape.
- Experience with HTML authoring and Adobe Creative Suite are a must
- Experience with Google Analytics, Squarespace, WordPress are a plus
- Familiarity with PBS-specific authoring languages such as MERLIN, BENTO and COVE is a plus
Role Specific Core Competencies are defined as the specific duties, which persons in this position are encouraged to develop and expected to demonstrate in the performance of their role.
Role Specific Core Competencies:
- Conceive, research, plan, script and produce content on a regular basis, in keeping with established guidelines of WTCI and FCC.
- Update online content at wtciTV.org, YouTube, PBS, Facebook, & Twitter
- Create and update websites as needed in PBS Bento, Wordpress, or Squarespace
- Assess new standards, technologies and trends and work with VP of Content & Digital Strategy to ensure WTCI is engaging with the public in an efficient and productive manner.
- Ensure website is accessible from a variety of different platforms.
- Troubleshoot or repair website in the event of failure, design layouts for updated content, and ensure the site maintains a high level of functionality and usability.
- Coordinate and understand a comprehensive range of web programming software and authoring languages, ensure content is delivered at a sufficiently high level of speed and quality.
- Adhere to station policies and other rules, regulations, standards and procedures set forth by the FCC, as well as other policy-making and regulatory agencies, in the execution of assignments.
- Obtain and incorporate all elements of program production in each assignment as needed including proper site selection, lighting, audio, schedules, scripts, graphics and other elements necessary to complete a successful program.
- Ability to travel overnight or longer when necessary to complete assignments.
- Exercise sound professional judgment at all times in evaluating work-related situations; show maximum courtesy and tact in dealing with other staff, volunteers and public; show initiative in helping to make each local production cost-effective for the station and relevant to the viewing public.
- Create, write, produce projects for both the Production Services and the WTCI-TV Production Department as assigned by the V.P. of Content and Digital Strategy
- Create and write on-air promotions
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required, and must carry out other work related duties as assigned.
- Work within the guidelines of WTCI station and procedures, and other rules and regulations set forth by the FCC, PBS, and WTCI.
- Able to identify and correct any video problems which may occur during any given project or situation.
- Maintain a professional image while working with other staff members and outside clients, to include but not limited to, retaining a positive attitude under stressful situations, and in terms of personal hygiene, utilizing proper dress code when representing WTCI-TV in the community.
- Respect and meet all assignment deadlines given by the V.P. of Content and Digital Strategy.