Job Openings and Internships
Equal Opportunity Employer
TITLE: Director of Corporate Support
JOB SUMMARY: Job responsibilities involve managing, prospecting and closing sales activities for corporate support of WTCI’s programs and productions while maintaining a department budget that achieves or exceeds revenue objectives. This is an exempt position
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in fine arts, communications, marketing or related field.
Experience: Minimum three years related work experience with a strong development background with emphasis on media sales, marketing and promotion.
Equipment/Skills: Must have at least three years of proven successful sales experience, particularly marketing to corporations, small business owners and private practice professionals. Must be organized, self-driven, possess strong power point and related computer skills, and able to meet metric and development goals on a weekly and monthly basis. Exceptional oral, presentation and writing skills a must. Essential to have the ability to effectively prioritize various schedules, and communicate as part of a team to represent WTCI in a positive and professional manner throughout the community in numerous roles.
Other personal attributes desired include:
- Impeccable character and reputation
- Competitive, energetic self-starter
- Personable—comfortable meeting new people and representing WTCI at networking events
- Articulate—effective listening, written and oral communication skills
- Keen sense of community involvement
- Various leadership positions on boards and local organizations
- Manage sales activities that achieve and exceed revenue objectives
- Prospect, target and cold call to identify business opportunities in order to build sales pipeline
- Build and maintain client relationships with key decision makers to generate new sales
- Attract and close clients in a fast paced environment with a desire to win
Role Specific Core Competencies are defined as the specific duties, which persons in this position are encouraged to develop and expected to demonstrate in the performance of their role.
ROLE SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Obtain corporate underwriters for programs and local productions
2. Prepare underwriting and ad contracts for review and signature of the VP of Development and the Underwriter in a timely manner
3. Work closely with the production department to assure underwriting spots meet client expectations and follow FCC guidelines.
4. Distribute underwriting contract information to appropriate staff, per station policy (Development, President, Accounting, Traffic, and Production)
5. Communicate with VP of Development, on a daily basis, regarding weekly goals, contacts made with businesses and results achieved; account for a 40-hour week
6. Maintain organized files on all prospects, contacts, production requests and other correspondence
7. Other duties as may be assigned
8. Adhere to all station policies and to industry, State and Federal Regulations as they apply to department’s activities
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in the WTCI Internship Program. The program is designed to provide college students the opportunity to explore careers in the broadcasting industry while providing meaningful and practical business experience.
1. WTCI offers internships year-round. Internship term is based on the academic calendar of the student’s school.
2. This is an unpaid internship. Students must be earning academic credit as determined by the school.
3. Intern positions available in the following areas: production, development, membership, marketing, public relations and community engagement.
Note: Not all positions are available every academic term.
To be eligible for a WTCI internship:
1. A student must be registered as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing at a participating college or university. The registration must apply for the full duration of the internship.
2. The intern must receive university or college credit for participating in this program. The amount of course credit is determined by the student’s college or university, and students must comply with the school’s requirements for course credit. WTCI does not require written reports or assignments, but an individual school may. Students should be fully aware of their school’s internship requirements before applying.
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.
WTCI is now accepting applications for summer (June-August) and fall (September-December) internships. Those interested should submit their resume, cover letter and references to:
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37404