Job Openings and Internships
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to excel in creating and implementing a business strategy that utilizes WTCI’s multiple platform resources to grow the revenue stream while presenting a consistent and comprehensive media presence. He/she will manage all aspects of WTCI’s production team, supervise WTCI’s schedule and on-air presentation, and manage long-range program planning to meet station and senior management objectives. Additionally, he/she will supervise the digital media face for WTCI and develop forward-thinking policies on digital content, social media, digital communications, and other tools to better serve WTCI viewers and supporters. He/she will identify and develop funding sources for digital initiatives, ensure that social media practices and digital products are integrated into all station activities, encourage digital collaboration across departments, and foster a culture of entrepreneurship.
- Four year degree in broadcasting or a combination of education and experience; preference to graduate study.
- Demonstrated experience (seven years or more) in a senior level position with responsibility for content development and supervising and managing content producers.
- Demonstrated success in developing proposals and securing funding.
- Experience in research, program evaluation, acquisition and budgeting.
- Experience with digital media and digital channels.
- Must be a proactive relationship builder comfortable working in all parts of an organization with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate and manage effectively in a technical environment and equal ability to translate to non-technical groups.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communications, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for and experience working in public media is highly desirable.
- Enthusiasm for storytelling and supervising producers.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the WTCI Internship Program. The program is designed to provide college students the opportunity to explore careers in the broadcasting industry while providing meaningful and practical business experience.
1. WTCI offers internships year-round. Internship term is based on the academic calendar of the student’s school.
2. This is an unpaid internship. Students must be earning academic credit as determined by the school.
3. Intern positions available in the following areas: production, development, membership, marketing, public relations and community engagement.
Note: Not all positions are available every academic term.
To be eligible for a WTCI internship:
1. A student must be registered as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing at a participating college or university. The registration must apply for the full duration of the internship.
2. The intern must receive university or college credit for participating in this program. The amount of course credit is determined by the student’s college or university, and students must comply with the school’s requirements for course credit. WTCI does not require written reports or assignments, but an individual school may. Students should be fully aware of their school’s internship requirements before applying.
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.
WTCI is now accepting applications for summer (June-August) and fall (September-December) internships. Those interested should submit their resume, cover letter and references to:
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37404